Sunday, February 15, 2009

Contradiction..







Contradiction:

1. the act of contradicting; gainsaying or opposition.

2. assertion of the contrary or opposite; denial.

3. a statement or proposition that contradicts or denies another or itself and is logically incongruous.

4. direct opposition between things compared; inconsistency.

5. a contradictory act, fact, etc.


.....yes, this is me. I'm many things and this is one aspect that I come to realize that I have found within myself when it comes to certain subject matters. Religion/ Spirituality happens to be one of those aspects. I cannot sit here and profess my faith in God/ Spirituality/ Higher Being for that would not only be a contradiction but a lie. But, even with that being said, I still find value in the written word. I don't say this with any real religious context but in the sense that "words" rather written or spoken can be so powerful.They can unite or they can divide, they can provoke every human emotion. They can bring strife and rebellion or solace and comfort and it is in this context in which I speak of right now. So, if you should read something here that seems remotely religious/spiritual and think of me as contradictory or a hypocrite, that is because I am..........for as I have stated I'm many things, and the least of not which I am human.


___________________________________________


To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to get, and a time to lose, a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

2 comments:

  1. I think most of us have been a hypocrite in this life at some point...some just don't admit it. I know I have been myself... I really like the poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't we all? I haven't seen any flakes of dandruff falling from scratching my head yet!

    ReplyDelete